Microsoft insiders rejoice – Server 2019 preview is now available.
I’m currently downloading the images, so I can’t comment on features yet – but as soon as I’ve had some hands-on time I’ll be sure to post more.
Microsoft has concentrated on four key areas for this release:
- integration with Azure services such as Azure Backup, Azure File Sync and Disaster Recovery
- Shielded VMs now protect Linux VMs, Advance Threat Protection is built-in
- Application Platform
- improvements to Windows Server containers and Windows Subsystem on Linux (WSL)
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure
- Microsoft has partnered with industry leading hardware vendors to provide an affordable and yet extremely robust HCI solution with validated design. In Windows Server 2019 they are building on this platform by adding scale, performance, and reliability.
Sign up for the Insiders program to access Windows Server 2019
We know you probably cannot wait to get your hands on the next release, and the good news is that the preview build is available today to Windows Insiders.