New to Windows Insider build 17035, is Windows 10’s ‘Near Share’ functionality.
Like Apple’s Airdrop feature, this lets users quickly and easily shares files between devices.
It may not be immediately obvious how to enable it. So here are a few steps to check:
- Open Action Center
No Near share option for me 🙁
- From Action Center, Open All Settings -> System -> Shared Experiences
Theres the option to turn it on
- Enable Near Share
- Lets also turn on the action center icon
- Select the Notifications & Actions section
Not enabled Yet
- Enable It
- Now lets open an App like Edge and check the new sharing options:
Apparently it takes a few minutes for the changes to take affect
- In the meantime lets check the Action Center again
Ahhh, it’s there now!
- Check sharing again
Oooooh there is the new shiney sharing option – now I didn’t have another Windows 10 device on the insider program to test with – but as soon as I do I’ll post a video.